What We Do
We provide a service enabling 3D reconstruction of diamond's shape from a high quality photo. Possible applications of our method include:
- Gemology. Obtained 3D shape of a diamond allows to check the cut and symmetry properties of a diamond. See presentation.
- Diamond cutting. Our technology can work as a polished diamond scanner, helping on the last stages of diamond cutting and polishing.
If compared to the classical approach of 3D reconstruction when a number of shadow photos of a diamond are used, our method has several advantages:
- We use much more information from a single photo. When typical shadow photo has 9 edges, we detect and employ several hundreds edges from a single photo. Therefore much less photos are needed to achieve similar precision. It is possible to achieve better precision and faster scanning.
- We can reconstruct diamond's shape without extracting it from the decoration.
- We don't need to build our own highly specialized and expensive hardware. You can use modern digital equipment (still cameras, microscopes, etc).
- We can theoretically achieve even 1 micron precision.
Try it »